Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yoyo's Pumpkin Bundt Cake

I love pumpkin.  So I whipped up a breakfast treat for us this morning.  I experimented with adding ground oat bran in place of oil.  Really hoping it turned out yummy.  Drum roll please...

It's delicious!  One of my fav variations to date.  Here's the recipe ~

1 box Spice Cake (used Duncan Hines)
1 (4 serving) box vanilla pudding
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup ground natural toasted oat bran (I used Trader Joe's version)
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin (used Libby's)
1/2 cup toasted/chopped/unsalted pecans
Sprinkle of turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Put first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  I used my new Cuisinart Smart Stick with whisk attachment.  I.love.it.   If you don't have one, I HIGHLY recommend.  One of my favorite Christmas gifts from my lovely Aunt Jane.  Back to recipe.  Grease bundt pan and sprinkle turbinado sugar and handful pecans in bottom of pan.  Pour (or scoop) 1/2 batter into pan.  Sprinkle another handful of pecans around pan (liked the crunchy layer) and add the rest of the batter to pan.  Smooth out top and pop in oven for 38 to 42 minutes.   Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Pop cake onto wire rack and cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.   Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.   Happy cooking!  Happy eating!

xoxo,
Yoyo

No comments:

Post a Comment