Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fish Tales

I'm trying to feed my family more fish.  So last night, I made salmon baked in a foil parcel with green beans and olive tapenade.  I love this recipe for two reasons: simplicity and flexibility.  Two things I'm always searching for in my life and the world around me (okay, that's as deep as I'm going this morning.  just started my 1st cup of coffee and i had 'two a day' tuesday yesterday and my body is hurting, in a good way).  Back to food. 

The recipe calls for pesto, but my household has taken an anti-pesto stance and who I am to argue when there are plenty of substitutes.  I used a mixed olive tapenade from Trader Joe's.  Salty, but good.

The recipe takes 20 - 22 minutes total.  5 minutes of prep and 15 to 17 minutes of cooking (depends on oven and thickness of salmon fillets).

Here's the gist:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim beans leaving wispy tip on.  Grab some tin foil and pull out enough to "parcel" your dish (about a yard).  Fold in 1/2 and lay green beans down (vertically) and then fish (skin side down) sideways on top of veggies.  Heap a tbsp of "insert whatever you're using" on salmon then drizzle with olive oil, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and season with salt/pepper.  Repeat.  Place both parcels (sealed) on baking pan.

Cook for 15 - 17 minutes.  Serve with baby potatoes and lemon wedges.  I added a simple tomato, avocado salad drizzled with lemon, cilantro and salt/pepper insead. 

Next time I make this, going to use an artichoke antipasto, also from Trader's. 

So here's what everyone's been waiting for...what did Ben rate this dish.  Well here you go.  An 8.1.  I give it an 8/10 for flavor (might've been a little too salty for my tastes) and 10/10 for overall cooking.  Fish was perfectly flaky.  Beans still crunchy but full of flavor.  All in all, a great meal!

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/home-cooking-skills/salmon-baked-in-a-foil-parcel-with-green-beans-and

Happy cooking, happy eating!

Yoyo

No comments:

Post a Comment